Saturday, January 9, 2016

TEACHING AT YEREVAN STATE UNIVERSITY LEGAL ENGLISH TO LAW STUDENTS

It was my great pleasure to teach legal English at Yerevan State University for about six weeks.. Then my work there was halted as Peace Corps decided they did not want me working in the capital city. This was some of the most fulfilling work I have found in Armenia.
I was teaching second year law students and had books from Britain and the US for teaching.  I had about 20 students. Law students in Armenia are only 18-22 years old as they come to law school directly out of high school unlike the US where one must have a baccalaureate degree before law school. A law degree here is a baccalaureate degree. My students and the Yerevan State were delighted to have a native English speaker and lawyer combined to teach English. I can teach here again only if I "extend" my service another year, which at the present time I don't feel inclined to do.

 
This is a side entrance to Yerevan State University (YSU)..
 

Entrance to the law building at YSU...
 

Looking into the library at YSU...
 

Khachkar in the library at YSU

Main entrance to YSU...
 

Further back view of main entrance at YSU
 
Me and some of my students....
 
Working in groups in the classroom....
 

Me and some of my students....

The classroom....

Group presentation...
The classroom divided into four
groups to each present a topic.. in English of course ;-)
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment