Friday, July 3, 2015

MY GREEK VACATION

So, I left Armenia for 10 days and went to Greece. It was lovely. I stayed 10 days in Athens and 7 days on Crete in the seaside down of .  I saw the Acropolis and other Greek ruins, ate wonderful food, did a botanical garden tour on a Segway (the most fun), and swam in the Mediterranean every day while on Crete.  I walked high up on a goat trail every morning in Panormos.

First restaurant where I ate Greek food - on the Platka..

Temple of Athena, or Aphrodite, cannot remember . . .

Nightlife on the Platka - area surrounding below the Acropolis..
There are outdoor restaurants/tavernas and shops with
everything to be found... The platka is open until  well after midnight..

The flea market as they call it . . .

On the Acropolis . . .famous goddess temple . . . 

The Parthenon on the Acropolis . . .

Parthenon - under renovation/construction

Amphitheater seen below the Acropolis

Acropolis Museum pieces . . . 

Walkway leading to apartment where I stayed in Athens
just below the Acropolis . . .

The original Olympic stadium . . .

Changing of the guard, Greek Army regulars in front of
the president's house  . . .

Me on my Segway . . . I loved this thing . . . It was the best . . .

View of the Acropolis from a nearby famous mountain where
I had dinner one evening . . . .

Car I liked and wouldn't mind having :-)

Favorite taverna for dinner in village of Panormos on Crete . . .

Panormos seaside village . . . Taken from cliffs on
morning goat walk . . .

View of the Mediterranean from goat walk cliffs . . . 

Favorite taverna sign . . .You had to go in and look in the
oven to decide what you would have for dinner.... opened at 6 p.m.

Kitty City station . . . cats everywhere and all well fed
at the stations and in the tavernas and restaurants. . .

Favorite cafe for morning cappuccino after goat cliff walk . . . 

Cats getting fed at the taverna . . . Everyone feeds the cats. . .

Got inadvertently caught up in a demonstration in front
of the president's house the last evening . . . 

View from my balcony in Panormos . . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment